Applications close: 31 October 2017
About the Organisation:
The Cancer Nurses Society of Australia (CNSA) is a membership-based organisation established to achieve and promote excellence in the care, prevention and treatment in people affected by cancer through the effective professional contribution of nurses.
About the Role:
The CNSA Chief Executive Officer is responsible for (i) building the reputation and profile of the CNSA within the nursing profession as well as the wider healthcare community, (ii) managing the external and internal operations of the CNSA and (iii) providing consistent, high level advice to the CNSA Board on operations, policy and planning. This position will lead and manage the organisation guided by a sound knowledge and understanding of the political, social and economic context in health, nursing and cancer care in which we operate.
This role will ensure the CNSA is respected as the peak professional body for nurses in cancer care in Australia. This position will take a strategic approach to expanding the organisation by increasing revenue streams through fund raising and a range of business activities. This role demands a visionary approach that is innovative and strategic and is underpinned by strong business acumen. Location is negotiable.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Australian health system, particularly of current issues relating to the treatment and care of people affected by cancer
- AHPRA registered as a health professional in Australia
- Post graduate qualification(s) in a cancer related area, business management or corporate governance
- Prior experience operating at executive/board level; and
- A strong track record of fund raising and grant successes in the not-for-profit context.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for this role (less than 4 pages). Applications close on 31 October, 2017.
For more information and a copy of the position description, please contact Jane Campbell, CNSA Incoming President on 0403 042 545 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org